01 November 2014

Week 196 Colour challenge Non- Traditional Christmas

A brand new month and a brand new sponsor... well an old friend really. We are delighted to welcome back  Ribbon Girl as our sponsor this month!

Mary has an amazing selection of ribbons, trimmings and embellishments, so if you haven't perused her shop before we're sure you'll be delighted with the products available. Do take a look!
This week we have a COLOUR  challenge for you to follow.
NON-TRADITIONAL Colour CHRISTMAS CARD
SO.....
NO red, NO green
You may use metallics and neutrals but please avoid any red or green.
What fun!
Here are our cards
This tree stamp is a free Penny Black one from one of the craft magazines. I simply clear embossed it a couple of times and inked with Weathered wood distress ink, adding a few dabs of Stickles and some tiny gems.
The Sizzix sentiment was also coloured with the distress ink to match the sky. There is a little clear Wink of Stella on the word, but it doesn't show up terribly well. Now I can't find the pen!
I have been going a little mad this week and there are heaps more cards for this challenge on my personal blog, I would be delighted if you could take a look!
A bit button & bling-mad on this one!
Last year I made Christmas cards with buttons and gems 
attached to die-cut triangles to create trees but I fancied
heart-shaped ornaments for this one with a pink & grey theme.
The 'cloud pelmet' is from Mama Elephant: stitched landscape dies
The hearts are die-cut using Clearly Besotted: love hearts set
with Christmas sentiments also Clearly Besotted: Signature Christmas
which are heat-embossed with WOW sparkling silver EP.
To finish some twine from my stash.
 Pink Petticoat DP and sentiment, Memory Box die and some gems added.

We hope you have fun with this one as well as cracking on with your production of cards in time to post for Christmas!
Both Sarah and Anne also have other examples on their blogs too, so do pay them a visit!

Anne and I will be going to the Craft Show at the NEC on Thursday this week. Sadly Sarah can't manage it this time but if any of you are going, do call and say Hi! If you do intend being there, email me and I'll let you have my mobile number so that we can find each other!
***




9 comments:

  1. Youre challenge are fun and great to play with!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My link is not working in my first linkup and I could not delete it so I uploaded it again, please delete the first one

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your cards are so pretty in their nontraditional colors! I didn't use red or green on mine, but it still might be too "traditional" in terms of colors, so I will understand if you feel it doesn't comply. I do love how popular using nontraditional colors is becoming and I appreciate all the inspiration from this challenge! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very cute post. Visit my blog if you like, I love a lot decoration. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOW! Stunning DT creations and lots of wonderful entries giving so much inspiration too. I shall be have a closer look at a few! Thank you for a fabulous challenge
    Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great DT work and a fun theme :-)

    Hugs

    Di xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Terrific cards ladies (and any gents) . . . I woukdn't like to choose. Also thanks DT for the inspirational cards! Hazel xx

    ReplyDelete

PLEASE NOTE: SPAM COMMENTS WILL NEVER BE PUBLISHED!

Thank you for your support and encouraging messages. We love to see you on our personal blogs too.

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name and comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.