01 June 2013

Week 122 Colour

A new month and a new sponsor!
We are delighted to have 

as our sponsor this month.
Jen is on the DT over there, bringing  a fresh CAS slant on their fabulous images. If you have never thought thought of their stamps in the CAS context do see what Jen can do with them!
As it is a new month we are back to a colour challenge and this time we want you to use the 
COLOUR OF YOUR FRONT DOOR!
We would like to see a pic of your front door too if possible, but is not absolutely necessary!
Jen

My front door is black with white trim so I've made both my cards mainly black. I'll be back with a  photo later as I forgot to take one :-(


For my first card I simple used some fabulous ribbon from The Ribbon Girl and cut out a V in each piece.  The Sentiment is from Stampin up.  Nice and simple.

.
My second card uses a technique fairly new to me... I have given the chalkboard effect a go just once before but I thought these fabulous new stamps from the new release at Lili Of The Valley were perfect for it.  This is from the Statement Stamps Set..Just To Say. I simply stamped in in craft white ink from Stampin Up and then once dry rubbed in some white pastel chalk. The ribbon is from Stampin Up also.

If you are in the Leeds area Saturday 1st June I am also demonstrating at the LOTV open day.  please do pop by and say hello!

     My front door is brown on the outside, so here is a little brown owl sitting on his branch. He's from Paper Smooches and is coloured with Copics. The sentiment is from Stampin' Up.
The touch of green is to represent the plant in the pot that you can just see on the left of the pic.


The inside of my front door happens to be white so I did a second card reflecting this colour.
The shapes, reminiscent of the panelling within the door, are made with Spellbinders dies and the butterflies  are stamped  and die-cut with products from Clearly Besotted.

I'm sorry that I appeared to be MIA last week, but I was in Italy on tour with my choir, where it was rather cold and wet... and only half the choir made it... details are on my personal blog!



We hope you enjoy this challenge!

...

9 comments:

  1. Beautiful cards with lots of inspiration x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great challenge ladies, I am so happy to be able to participate this week. As usual your cards are stunning. Off to link my entry now. Happy weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for yet another great challenge C&J, some great cards already :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ooooh what a great challenge this week-great fun thank you !
    Nessa xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous cards again this week...and what a fab challenge...

    San x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi there! Stumbled upon your blog while perusing people's creative goodness! Great challenge! So happy to join in the fun! You'll see me here often!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Now there's a challenge! Thanks for engaging my brain as always ladies! Vicky x

    ReplyDelete

PLEASE NOTE: SPAM COMMENTS WILL NEVER BE PUBLISHED!

Thank you for your support and encouraging messages. We love to see you on our personal blogs too.

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name and comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.