11 May 2013

Week 119 One Layer

This week it's everyone's favourite.. One Layer Cards and this week we would like you to use a
Coloured Card Blank
Yes that's right, none of your boring, white, ivory, black or kraft card blanks we want to see you add some colour.  Here are our cards for this week...


This is a watercolour stamp, which was first stamped using white craft ink and then the image coloured with watercolour pencils in a variety of shades on a dark blue base. The shades were blended using a water brush. I really love the effect.

This is another stamp from our sponsor this month Acid Drops and Whatnots. Having had  longstanding problems with my back, I can empathise with the sentiment on this one.
If you haven't yet checked out the wonderfully whimsical images available, do hop over there to have a look.



For my first card I am using the Need For Speed set from Stampin Up.  I simply stamped it using my stamp-a-majig and the coloured it with a couple of red flexmarkers. The Sentiment is also from a set from Stampin Up.


My second card uses the fabulous new set from Clearly Besotted, Honeycomb.  They are stamped onto a pale blue pearl card base .  The sentiment is from the same set.  
I kept both cards really simple to ensure the colour was the main element.

We can't wait to see what you come up with!
Let's have a colouful week!

***


17 comments:

  1. Nice Challenge Ladies, and Fab DT Cards
    Hugs
    Suzy B :-)
    Xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh, i LOVE this challenge! and I love your examples, but the yellow one with the fabulous sentiment isn't really one layer, is it? ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello there Ladies, long time no see, sorry :{ Wonderful idea today, could be a little tricky but what good fun! Thank you both, great examples too!! hugs Gay xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fab cards and challenge from you all x

    ReplyDelete
  5. nice challenge and great cards ladies!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The design teams cards look great! This was a tough challenge for me as I usually only do white card bases.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Guys - I accidentally chose the wrong image when I posted my entry - there is a card on coloured card base there so it should be OK - just the thumbnail on your page is the other card. Thanks for the chance to publish my cards - cheers Mxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your inspirational cards are really top notch this week, ladies! This was a fave challenge for me and, besides your cards, I will be bookmarking a lot of the entries!! Thank you!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am so sorry! I even read the rules, but I missed that black wasn't an acceptable color... I figured it was, since black isn't usually acceptable. Many apologies. Please delete my entry (#76). I love your challenges, but I mess up every single time LOL! Thanks for the inspiation. Best, CG

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great challenge ladies. I would have gone for kraft but went for aqua instead! Lovely cards from you both as always!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great challenge with beautiful card inspirations! I love one layer card.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Piękne i bardzo pomysłowe karty. Gratuluję wszystkim kreatywności.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thanks for another great challenge, and I love the DT inspirations

    Bev x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Sorry Ladies, I hadn't read the part about ONE LAYER, so please ignore my first card, and I've entered with this CAS one instead.

    Thanks
    Bev x

    ReplyDelete
  15. I hope that I have fulfilled the conditions. Thank you that I could participate in challence

    ReplyDelete
  16. Nice challenge but one that has given me a headache or two! My first attempt was a complete disaster but I got there in the end. Thanks for the inspiration ladies :) Elizabeth xx

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hiya, In reply to Chrissies question about the colour of my card blank, (entry 119) its kraft card not white. Thanks for dropping by my blog, Hazelxox

    ReplyDelete

PLEASE NOTE: SPAM COMMENTS WILL NEVER BE PUBLISHED!

Thank you for your support and encouraging messages. We love to see you on our personal blogs too.

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name and comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.