16 March 2013

Week 111 Theme

Week 111
We have a theme for you this week.
Whilst keeping your card Clean and Simple we would like you to
Frame it!
Some part of your design should contain a frame of some description, it could be stamped, drawn,  doodled, die-cut or whatever your imagination dictates.

This card employs a bleaching technique.
The black paper was stamped with Versamark and heat embossed with black embossing powder, I then applied neat bleach to the design which I left to dry. This gradually removed the colour from the paper leaving it a close match to Stampin' Up's Sahara Sand card, which I used for the card base and the frame.
It's necessary to test the colour which results after adding bleach, as some card ends up a nasty colour. For me, black card didn't work, whereas  black paper worked beautifully.
Both of these images are from Blockhead Stamps. This one was coloured and then covered with Glossy Accents before framing with a simple, broad frame. 
I used a Spellbinders die for the aperture, adjusting the size to fit the image. I made it slightly longer and then hand embossed the edge of the frame (which was cut with a trimmer) to match the effect left by the die.
I will be going to the NEC on Thursday. If anyone else plans on being there I'd love to say Hi!
Should you want to meet up, email me and I'll send you my mobile number!

Jen

I made it at last...
Here is a simple card with inspiration from my trip last week...


I've use Tim Holtz stamps and very basically cut out a square from card and mounted it on top. The sentiment is from a really old sizzix set and twine from the ribbon girl.


My second card uses a cute stamp from The Alley Way Stamps and I masked off a square using post-its.  I then doodled around a frame using a fine liner and filled in bits with a flexmarker.  The sentiment is from PI.

We hope to see lots of different frames this week, but please don't forget that all important White Space!

14 comments:

  1. Totally fabulous cards Chrissie, so hope I get to make an entry for this week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such amazing cards Chrissie,... off for a think now :) Viv xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. TFabulous inspiration thanks for another fab challenge

    Ali x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Another great challenge, trying hard to get the clean and simple look :)
    hugs Suzy B

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful design team card , i am not quite sure if mine is less is more but it is framed Txx

    ReplyDelete
  6. What gorgeous cards! I especially love the tulips and how you framed them!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Really like the simple white too many times the cards are just over stimulating with all the color and bling. Love these!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for another great challenge. This one really made me think about my stamp sets before reaching for my Big Shot and Nestabilities which would have been my automatic choice.

    Fab DT inspirations too!

    Bev x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Invitation - inglês
    I'm Brazilian.
    Spent reading here, and visit his blog.
    I also have one, only much simpler.
    I'm inviting you to visit me, and if possible follow together for them and with them. I always liked to write, expose and share my ideas with people, regardless of class Social, Religious Creed, the Sexual Orientation, or, of Ethnicity.
    To me, what will interest is our exchange of ideas, and, thoughts.
    I'm there in my space Simpleton, waiting for you.
    And I'm already following your blog.
    Strength, Peace, Friendship and Happiness
    For you, a hug from Brazil.
    www.josemariacosta.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Because I long for a little sunshine and I just love to work with this theme, I made another card for your challenge... Hope we all get some in real... Greetings, Gerrina

    ReplyDelete
  11. Fab cards again Ladies, more of a challenge this week methinks, for me anyway:0) Thank you both, Hugs Gay x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Another wonderful (and popular) challenge, ladies! Your cards and the entries are extraordinary. I'm so happy I was able to get in on this one!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I made it just under the wire! Thanks for the wonderful challenge and fabulous DT inspiration, gals! :)

    ReplyDelete

PLEASE NOTE: SPAM COMMENTS WILL NEVER BE PUBLISHED!

Thank you for your support and encouraging messages. We love to see you on our personal blogs too.

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name and comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.