28 April 2012

Week 65 Sketch

We don't often have a sketch, but whenever we do it is always simple.
There seem to have been lots of layers creeping into submissions of late and in some cases a considerable lack of white space.
For this week's sketch we'd like you to keep to the proportions of this drawing so that there is considerable white space remaining in the finished card.

You may choose either of these
SKETCHES.



The Woodware 'Gerbera' stamp is large, approx 10cm square. I stamped it onto some card using Versafine Onyx black ink, then watercoloured with a plum colour pencil. I wanted the central panel approx 7cm sq and the middle of the gerbera slightly set towards the bottom. I kinda started it by eye and trimmed to the desired square size. Glittered with a Zig marker and Glamour Dust to finish. I did some extra black dots in the centre with a Stampin' Up pen. The sentiment is Penny Black.


For this card I decided to do a triple embossed square, but with a slight twist. I added my layers of silver embossing powder, but when cool I stamped the kiss image in Versamark over the silver and then sprinkled it with red embossing powder and then gently melted it.
After this was done I heated the top of the square until molten once more and stamped the music image from Prickley Pear into it, having first inked the stamp with Versamark. Although not obvious, I inked the mounting square with my brayer and a Big and Juicy ink pad. I need lots of practice with my brayer!!
The sentiment is from Paper Make Up.

This one is in tribute to Birgit, one of our faithful LIMettes and a consummate crafter. She has made similar cards by adding part layers of the same image superimposed over each other.

This image (Camelia) is from the Wax Fruit company and has been coloured with Promarkers and gently twinkled with Glamour Dust. The sentiment is from Kaisercraft.
 I think it's a great idea to add interest to a focal image.
I'm sure that we all gain inspiration from each other week after week... and we love to see so many wonderful submissions full of superb ideas.
Let's see what this sketch brings!

32 comments:

  1. Fab cards ladies - another great challenge -thanks

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello
    Fabby cards from Chrissie and Mandi....great Challenge ..i was hoping to be first...oh well next time .....
    Hugs sylvie
    xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I´m grateful and happy to be show-CASed for my doodling card!!I´m also happy that Chrissie is inspired of my layering cards! :)

    Hugs
    Birgit

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful cards. Thank you Chrissie for getting me onto the less is best style of card...I loved making mine and will make more...cheers, Annie♥

    ReplyDelete
  5. The part-layers idea is a brilliant one! Will have to remember that! M x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi girls,
    gorgeous cards, lovely simple sketch thank you, sue,x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Another fabulous challenge this week ladies and what an inspiration your card are thank you:)x

    ReplyDelete
  8. your cards are gorgeous, I love Mandi's purple flower. thank you for this inspiration every week!

    ReplyDelete
  9. beautiful cards ladies..always an inspiration :) and what a great challenge this week.. a nice and easy one..

    ReplyDelete
  10. wonderful DT cards as always :-)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful cards by the DT members ! Thanks for the inspiration !

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your cards are just wonderfull. Ilove the "less is more"-style.
    Hanne

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love the Gerbera Daisy card!

    ReplyDelete
  14. You ladies are inspirational! Thank you for yet another great challenge!.x

    ReplyDelete
  15. Have been away on my hols and sooooo missed crafting, as usual your examples are stunning, may take me a while to get back into the swing as I have mounds of washing to do, and food shopping and cleaning!! Oh well at least we had a fab time away. Lots of sun and time to relax together.
    Happy inking.
    GinaA

    ReplyDelete
  16. I can't believe that there are so many great cards already and all so different from a simple sketch

    ReplyDelete
  17. Great challenge ladies, so glad to be back participating is LIM. My PC hasn't been working for the last seven weeks and I have so wanted to particpate but unable to, anyway ... I am back now! xx

    ReplyDelete
  18. Fab challenge and I love your cards xx Jan

    ReplyDelete
  19. Fabulous sample cards ladies, every week great inspiration! Thank you both so much, Gay xxx

    ReplyDelete
  20. Great challenge this week and as always great inspiration

    ReplyDelete
  21. Very interesting layering on the camelia card.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Lovely challenge choice this week! Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  23. gorgeous cards Chrissie and Mandi! I love them

    ReplyDelete
  24. Thank you for the fabulous sketches! Hoping to do my circle one before time runs out! :) LOVE your creations, girls! :)

    ReplyDelete
  25. This is my first ever entry to an online crafting challenge, I hope I have followed all the rules correctly. I was so inspired by the simplicity of this challenge that I thought I would give it a go.

    ReplyDelete
  26. Your sketches are as fab as your other challenges for kickstarting creativity! Thanks ladies, Vicky x

    ReplyDelete
  27. Two simple sketches but very challenging.So glad i got the chance to make few cards last night for this challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  28. Great challenge! And such beautiful DT cards, and 215 beautiful creations!

    ReplyDelete
  29. J'adore la simplicité de ce sketch ! Merci de nous l'avoir proposé. Je vais l'essayer de suite.

    ReplyDelete
  30. Made it! Love this challenge - I opted for a square centre, but might have a go with a circle later. Love your cards!

    ReplyDelete
  31. I love your challenges (they are very challenging for me :)
    So I had this card on my mind, but the week got away from me to actually create it. So I am posting it here.
    thanks for looking.
    http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/gallery/photo/2188725?&cat=500&ppuser=156090

    ReplyDelete

PLEASE NOTE: SPAM COMMENTS WILL NEVER BE PUBLISHED!

Thank you for your support and encouraging messages. We love to see you on our personal blogs too.

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name and comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.